The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking
a candidate for the position of:
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Laboratory of Molecular Basis of Behavior, headed by Prof. Katarzyna Radwanska
Researcher career profiles: R2
Field of science: neuroscience/bioinformatics
Type of recruitment: Grant NCN MAESTRO Memory mechanisms in the ageing brain- alternative synaptic processes and neuronal networks.
A postdoc positions in the Laboratory of Basis of Behavior to study how ageing affects memory and neuronal activity. Our aim is to look for new molecular and neuronal targets that can prevent cognitive ageing.
A Postdoctoral researcher will study neuronal basis of memory and how aging affects memory encoding in animal model. Our analyses will employ characterization of the neuronal networks participating in memory processes using whole brain light-sheet microscopy, neuronal activity using in vivo brain imaging with mini-endoscopes, transgenic mouse models, local genetic brain manipulations, and advanced behavioral tasks. Our project aims to provide novel insights into the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying cognitive impairments that are characteristic for the aged individuals. This is the international project involving scientists from USA (Stanford University) and Germany (Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry).
Our Laboratory https://radwanskalab.eu/
is interested in understanding how the memory is formed. For our experiments we combine molecular, electrophysiological and morphological analyses of neurons with behavioral studies on laboratory animals. We employ both behavioral analysis of transgenic mice in the IntelliCage system as well as whole cell patch-clamp electrophysiology, confocal, electron and correlative 3D microscopy. The long-term aim to our research is to develop insights for treatments for memory dysfunctions in psychiatric illnesses and cognitive ageing.
• Ph.D. in any relevant area (e.g., neuroscience, biology, veterinary, bioinfomatics, psychology etc.)
• Strong publication record, including at least one first-author publication in a very good journal
• Experience in machine learning and Python is not essential, but will be a strong advantage
• Documented experience in behavioral neuroscience is not essential, but will be a strong advantage
• Expertise and competence in designing and carrying out scientific experiments and in interpreting their results
• Experience in writing manuscripts for publication, and fellowship or grant proposals
• Vision of your professional growth within ~5 years, including the capacity to apply for fellowship/grant funding within the first year of your employment, with projects that synergize the core strengths of the team with your own ideas
• Proactive approach to achieving objectives, good interpersonal skills, collaborative and adaptive attitude
• Very good organizational skills, especially project and time management skills
• Very good command of English (written and oral communication) and presentation skills
• Full-time contract (“umowa o pracę”) for at least 18 months, with an intended extension depending on performance up to 60 months;
• Gross monthly remuneration: 10000 PLN/month, net approx. 6000 PLN/month
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in the MultiSport program
• Work in a multidisciplinary, international team, in a very dynamic organization, with multiple opportunities for professional development, participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
• Administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
Documents should be sent to the following address: email@example.com with note “postdoc KR”.
Please include the following clause in your CV:
“I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for postdoc position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).”
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3.
Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at
any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organisation and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31.12.2021.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).